Creating excellence in Health and Socio Economic Development for the people of Punjab.
The mission of Voluntary Health Association of Punjab (VHAP) is to make health and health related issues accessible to people.
VHAP is a non-profit organization, and got registered in the year 1993, is now proud to claim that VHAP has now entered its 25th year of existence. Organization is now entering its phase of adulthood and has become a self-dependent body and very much in a position to take further step. Since its inception, it is working in the north-western region of India i.e. Punjab, Haryana and U.T., Chandigarh. It is affiliated to the Voluntary Health Association of India (VHAI), New Delhi. It has its head office in Chandigarh.
VHAP deals with health and health related issues and important among them are Reproductive and Child Health (RCH) Care, Declining Sex Ratio, Health & Sanitation, Targeted Intervention Programme of HIV/AIDS, Development and Empowerment of Women, Community awareness on the Menace of Tobacco, Formation of Self Help Groups and publication of health related education materials in Punjabi and English.
The organization has grown steadily with the dedicated membership and devoted to the cause of social development. The main aim of the organization is to serve humanity irrespective of any caste, creed and color. At the programme level, the organization is keen in coordinating with the concerned sectors of government as well as non-governmental organizations.
VHAP has developed a lot of information on education and communication materials on various issues namely Maternal Health, Child Health Care, Pre Birth Sex Determination, HIV/AIDS, De-addiction. Adolescent Health Care, Environment, learning material making people aware about the myths existing in the society.
- Empowerment of the human resource through trainings on health and other sectors.
- Working with other organization, both governmental and non-governmental.
- Collection of opinion from people and grass-root organizations for advocacy.
- Working for promotion of community participation in development process.
- Promotion of preventive & Curative health service for the poor.
- Promotion of health, environment, gender issue, PC-PNDT, rights of children and women through IEC and technical support.
- Promotion of Non-formal Education for construction workers children.
- Promotion of Elementary Education of underprivileged children.
- To undertake any other activities related to health promotion.
- Registered under Society Registration Act 1860
- Registered under 12A of Income Tax Act
- Registered under 80G of Income Tax Act
- Registered under FCRA Income Tax Act
VHAP is an Autonomous body, affiliated with the Voluntary Health Association of India (VHAI), New Delhi. Its Governing body consists of eminent members elected democratically by its General Body. Elections of the board are held after every two years. As we believe in the policy of decentralization, so our organization runs on a fully decentralized management system headed by the President who is supported by a cadre of professional and administrative staff. Programmes and performances are monitored at regular intervals in staff meetings and committees formed for the purpose as well as by professional evaluators.